Ottawa Valley SAGE

Providing a forum since 1998

Dec 29, 2018 - 2 minute read - Comments

The previous article was premature!

It seems that the previous fix was not sufficient and after a lot of attempts, I gave up on it. The issues I was having were not too easy to solve, and after hitting many dead ends and not wanting to convert things again, I decided to let it sit for a while. Apparently I get rat-holed on problems occasionally and when I know that not that many people use the site, the priority level is not all that high to fix things.

Apparently “a while” is more than a year, closer to two years. I had some free time this week to look at the problem again and after careful analysis, I decided to get rid of the problem and attack it from a new perspective - namely change generators. Since I had all of my documents in markdown (for the most part), why not try one of the newer generators that supposedly has the features I had taken advantage of.

Enter HUGO, a new breed of generator which is a compiled golang binary. That seems to be an easier thing to handle, as the whole thing is a single binary and I don’t have to worry about dependencies in python any more.

The next couple of days will be the rebuild and testing. I’m almost looking forward to it.

Almost.