Ottawa Valley SAGE

Providing a forum since 1998

Jan 6, 2019 - 2 minute read - Comments

Progress of a sort

After too much time playing with hugo_jupyter, I found a better tool. It is called nb_hugo_exporter and it does what I need. I might even do some adjustments for my own customization.

As it is, it does a good job, but if I tweak it a bit, I can get it to use the front matter tags I have entered into the notebook instead of updating/creating new ones.

My vagrant setup does seem to work as required and the installation of a slightly older python to handle the hugo_jupyter module was managed with Anaconda - well the Miniconda varient anyway.

I spent a lot of time cleaning up the posts. All of the conversions over time has messed with them. At present, I think I am missing one image file but am not too sure any more. There are dead links, mostly due to the fact that the sites are no longer there or have been re-organized as well. The best part is that I have no idea if anyone even looks at this. I could look at the various stats software that is out there, but as far as I can tell, I get a lot of spiders and bots. I’d hate to have that proven.

One of the things I have lost is that posts do not appear to have an individual author setting, so I’m the author of all of the posts. I went in and edited several posts that I do not remember writing or that I know were written by someone else. I still have one or two that I’m not too sure about. I should be able to dig most of it up from the older version.

Items left to go

This is a kind of living list right now. Expect mods as I go on. A number of items will not work properly until I get it pushed live, so some things can’t be tested easily.